Innovium started with a vision to deliver breakthrough innovation and choice for cloud and edge data center customers. Our technology is fueling AI, 5G, and the Remote-Everything era. Our talented team of hardware and software engineers is delivering high performance switch silicon and software for open networking in the cloud. Innovium is funded by the world’s top tier venture capital firms and strategic investors, including Greylock Partners, Walden International, Capricorn Investment Group, Qualcomm and others.
Role and Impact
We are seeking an experienced IP attorney to join Innovium as part of our dynamic and evolving legal team. This position is based at Innovium’s offices in San Jose, CA. The attorney hired for this position will be accountable to provide best of class legal support across Innovium’s various business activities, but with a key focus on intellectual property, patents and transactional work. The position will report to the Company’s Vice President and General Counsel. As an early team member, you will play a critical role building the legal team from the ground up.
What You’ll Do
- Manage internal stakeholders and external counsel focusing on maintaining and expanding our patent portfolio.
- Draft and negotiate various types of agreements, including software licensing agreements, strategic relationships, and vendor and technology contracts.
- Advise senior leadership on strategic management and development of Innovium’s intellectual property portfolio
- Lead internal IP council consisting of business and engineering stakeholders to determine actions to be taken on IP portfolio
- Review proposed publications and conference materials to ensure IP protection is maintained
- Advise business teams on legal issues related to IP
- Provide global legal support to the business as part of an integrated team of in-house attorneys as well as external law firms.
Who You Are
- Requirements for this role include a strong patent / IP transactional background and at least 5+ years’ experience at a dynamic in-house environment and/or a top law firm. Preferred candidates will have worked in both environments. Computer Science or Electrical Engineering background or experience a plus.
- J.D. with excellent academic credentials
- 3+ years’ experience in law firm setting working in patent strategy and prosecution
- Knowledgeable in IP portfolio development and strategy, open-source legal compliance and trade secret protection
- Excellent understanding of intellectual property case law, rules and regulations
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and collaborative work style
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Self-directed, highly motivated
- Excellent relationship building, influencing and negotiating abilities
- Sound and practical business judgment and the ability to provide business oriented, practical legal advice.
Innovium is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Innovium will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to [email protected]. We will treat your request as confidential information.
Innovium is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Innovium via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Innovium. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Innovium as a result of the referral or through other means.
To apply for this job, email your resume and a cover letter to: [email protected]