What You’ll Do
You’ll be responsible for SoC power estimation, simulation, roll-up and measurement for Innovium’s products. This is an end-to-end role that starts with architectural assessment and continues through the design and post-silicon phases. It also includes documenting power-related specifications in datasheets and working with customers on power-related topics.
Specific activities and responsibilities include:
- Early-phase architectural power estimation using spreadsheet models, process technology scaling data, IP specifications, and comparison to existing products
- Design-phase simulation/extraction and roll-up of power projections using analysis/estimation tools such as ptpx, redhawk and voltus. Iterate/improve the estimates as more accurate design collateral becomes available.
- Silicon measurement of power across use cases. Extract static and dynamic components and build models that can be used to project power for new configurations (frequency, voltage, etc.).
- Correlate silicon measurements to pre-silicon estimates in order to improve the pre-silicon estimation methodology
- Provide input to datasheet on how power specifications should be documented – including max current by voltage rail, TDP by voltage rail, etc.
- Support applications engineering teams in customer engagement related to power topics
Who You’ll Work With
- SoC architects during the project feasibility phase
- SoC design engineers (logic design as well as physical design) during the chip development phase.
- Applications and silicon validation engineers during the post-silicon phase, and for customer engagement.
Who You Are
- You have a solid understanding of SoC power estimation methodologies, starting with high-level architectural approaches and continuing through EDA-based power extraction/simulation and lab measurements.
- You have knowledge and experience with power analysis tools like PTPX, redhawk, and Voltus.
- You can define and implement a methodology to estimate/simulate power at individual block level and then roll it up at SoC level
- You are familiar with power measurement methods and have experience in working with post-silicon teams to define and execute a power characterization plan.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills and experience/desire to engage with customers
- You have at least a BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering. MS is preferrable, as is 10+ years of experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In this early phase of our development, you will have the opportunity to solve many challenging problems and have a significant impact on the project and its success! You’ll be given the opportunity to support the development of industry changing products and work with a passionate and driven team.
Our culture is driven by:
Innovation- We are different and better where it matters. We are proud of our aggressive and out-of-the-box thinking.
Execution- We take action. We are adaptive to change. We deliver results and always strive for improvement.
Collaboration & Communication- We streamline our teams to work across departments and functionalities so we can eliminate the bureaucracy and focus on collaboration.
Growth Mindset- We focus on analyzing and solving issues as a team. We foster an environment of continuous learning. We persist with a positive attitude and we don’t give up!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org